Divesting or carving out a portion of your company’s assets can accomplish a variety of goals — raise capital, increase management focus, realize value, reduce debt, comply with competition rules, and exit non-core businesses.
Exiting all or part of a business has many moving parts to manage and organizational effects that need to be considered and analyzed prior to execution. A divestiture or carve-out is a complex transaction that can takes months to complete.
We help clients lay the groundwork for separating a business and work with you to:
- Realign your corporate portfolio
- Coordinate responses to buyers’ questions and operate a data room
- Determine the operational challenges of closing the deal
- Develop carve-out cost structures, focused on identifying and resolving business separation and transition issues
- Perform information technology and operations due diligence
- Assist in developing and implementing a post-divestiture integration plan
- Develop the carve-out or divestiture separation playbook, including technology, HR, reporting, support function set-up, asset and employee transfer, and Transition Service Agreements (TSAs)
- Manage and assist with separation execution