When you are planning to sell a business, or part of a business, there are many ways to put yourself in a position of strength for negotiations, support the valuation you are hoping for, and present a complete and accurate picture to potential buyers. As a business owner, you want to maximize enterprise value and after-tax proceeds. Our seller advisory services include:
How we can help:
- Identify ways to enhance value which can be implemented prior to the sale or potential areas of strategic fit that can be marketed as additional value to the right buyers
- Identify operational risks that could be mitigated to limit value erosion
- Perform seller due-diligence to identify and mitigate buyer due diligence findings
- Personally prepare the owner and leadership team for the transition
- Prepare and lead a deal time that is well-suited to your company
- Prepare your company presentation and Confidential Information Memorandum (CIM) which provides buyers with an overview of the business and operations, the market, financials, and ownership structure; the CIM will provide prospective buyers with the information they will require in order to prepare an initial offer
- Market your company and identify potential buyers and strategic acquirers
- Negotiate the best possible price and most favorable terms
- Facilitate the transition and assist with post-close support including separation and integration
- Assist with ongoing transformation and change initiatives to ensure the health and success of the future organization, especially when this is critical to the terms of the seller’s ongoing involvement
It is never too early to begin preparing for the eventual sale of your business. Indeed business plans written before the start up of a new company include plans for an ultimate exit strategy.
Allowing time for planning and preparation for a sale, and to implement solutions that will increase the value of the business, whether months or years ahead, will lead to an enhanced negotiating position, a higher price, and better terms.